There were a lot of big Marvel reveals yesterday at San Diego Comic Con! Miss Minutes popped up to introduce Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios and chief creative officer of Marvel, who was joined on stage by moderator Ash Crossan to deliver Marvel Studios’ long-awaited live-action panel. Feige didn’t disappoint the enthusiastic crowd, showcasing the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s upcoming slate with trailers, special looks, Q&As with talent and filmmakers, major announcements and a live, show-stopping performance. Here’s some big highlights:
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe will include Phases 4, 5, and 6, all part of the Multiverse saga, concluding with two all-new Avenger films, AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY, releasing May 2, 2025, and AVENGERS: SECRET WARS, which is slated for November 7, 2025.
- Fans won’t have long to wait before the next installment of Phase 4. SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW premieres exclusively on Disney+ on August 17, 2022. Jennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany)—an attorney specializing in superhuman-oriented legal cases—must navigate the complicated life of a single, 30-something who also happens to be a green 6-foot-7-inch superpowered hulk. The nine-episode comedy series welcomes a host of MCU vets, including Mark Ruffalo as Smart Hulk, Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky/the Abomination, and Benedict Wong as Wong, as well as Jameela Jamil, Ginger Gonzaga, Josh Segarra, Jon Bass and Renée Elise Goldsberry.
- BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER. The crowd went wild at this presentation, which began with a live performance by Baaba Maal (vocals), Massamba Diop (tama) and dancers and drummers. Feige was joined on stage by director Ryan Coogler and cast members Mabel Cadena, Michaela Cole, Winston Duke, Danai Gurira, Tenoch Huerta, Florence Kasumba, Alex Livinalli, Lupita Nyong’o, Dominique Thorne and Letitia Wright for a Q&A and first look at the film’s first trailer, which you can view HERE.
- In Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett), Shuri (Letitia Wright), M’Baku (Winston Duke), Okoye (Danai Gurira) and the Dora Milaje (including Florence Kasumba), fight to protect their nation from intervening world powers in the wake of King T’Challa’s death. As the Wakandans strive to embrace their next chapter, the heroes must band together with the help of War Dog Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o) and Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) and forge a new path for the kingdom of Wakanda.Introducing Tenoch Huerta as Namor, king of a hidden undersea nation, the film also stars Dominique Thorne, Michaela Coel, Mabel Cadena and Alex Livanalli. Feige also shared that the film is the final title in Phase 4. “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” opens in U.S. theaters Nov. 11, 2022.
- ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA: Phase 5 kicks off in 2023 with the next Ant-Man installment, opening February 17, 2023, directed by Peyton Reed and starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors and Kathryn Newton. Super Hero partners Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) and Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) return to continue their adventures as Ant-Man and The Wasp. Together, with Hope’s parents Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) and Janet Van Dyne (Michelle Pfeiffer), the family finds themselves exploring the Quantum Realm, interacting with strange new creatures and embarking on an adventure that will push them beyond the limits of what they thought was possible.
- SECRET INVASION is a new series that launches on Disney+ in Spring 2023. Cobie Smulders, who reprises her role of Maria Hill—a decorated spy and Nick Fury’s loyal #2—was on hand to talk about the new show. SECRET INVASION stars Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn as the Skrull Talos—characters who first met in CAPTAIN MARVEL. They are joined by Kingsley Ben-Adir, Emilia Clarke, Olivia Colman and Regé-Jean Page. The crossover event series showcases a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 heads to theaters on May 5, 2023. Our beloved band of misfits are looking a bit different these days. Peter Quill, still reeling from the loss of Gamora, must rally his team around him to defend the universe along with protecting one of their own. A mission that, if not completed successfully, could quite possibly lead to the end of the Guardians as we know them.
- PHASE 5 : New details emerged regarding a host of previously announced titles in Phase 5.
Streaming exclusively on Disney+ in 2023 are highly anticipated series currently in production, including ECHO, which is slated for Summer 2023; LOKI SEASON 2, also debuting Summer 2023; and IRONHEART, streaming Fall 2023. AGATHA: COVEN OF CHAOS begins filming later this year with a debut date in Winter 2023.
Phase 5 theatrical releases include:
THE MARVELS, directed by Nia DaCosta, which hits theaters July 28, 2023.
BLADE, which begins shooting this October and opens in theaters November 3, 2023.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: NEW WORLD ORDER opens in theaters on May 3, 2024.
DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN, an 18-episode season with Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio returning, streams on Disney+ in Spring 2024. THUNDERBOLTS, featuring an exciting new group of heroes, is slated for theaters on July 26, 2024.
- PHASE 6: Looking ahead, Phase 6 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe promises compelling storytelling and Marvel Studios’ signature style of adventure.
FANTASTIC FOUR hits theaters on November 8, 2024. Production kicks off next year for the feature film that introduces Marvel’s most iconic family.
AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY opens in theaters May 2, 2025.
AVENGERS: SECRET WARS is slated for release on November 7, 2025.